What I'm Reading-Watching Lately

by - Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I'm going to recap today what I have been reading and watching lately.


What I'm Reading...

Here's To Us...by Elin Hilderbrand


This is probably by 10th or so Elin Hilderbrand book. I love that they are mostly set on Nantucket a place that is on my bucket list to visit.

I loved that this book was about a chef...I am trying to learn to cook some new things. Deacon is the main character that the book is centered around. He passes away and it is a story about his 3 wives, children and how they all cope with his loss. I truly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more Elin Hilderbrand books.


First Comes Love...by Emily Giffin


I have read several of Emily Giffin books some I have loved and others I haven't. I truly did enjoy this one and it was probably the best of the month. Without giving to much away it is about 2 sisters and a tragedy that strikes the family. You learn about the tragedy about midway through the book (wish I would of known sooner) and it is truly about how a family grows closer or grows apart through tragedy.


Harry Potter and the Cursed Child...by J.K. Rowling


Ok confession...I didn't read all of the Harry Potter books as a kid. I read up to book 4 or 5 I can't remember as an adult when I was a librarian. I mean we know Harry is going to live right?!?!

I didn't enjoy this book though because it was written as a play. I think it would be awesome to actually go see it live. It was neat to see Harry, Hermione, Ginny and Ron all grown up with children of their own. I did enjoy the element of suspense with Harry's son and seeing their relationship work itself out in the end.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette, by Maria Semple


This one I questioned as a read and it was a little hard to continue reading as many things I was left asking myself, "What just happened?" The story is based on a family the Mom (an architect), the Dad (works for Microsoft) and a daughter Bee. The mom goes missing and the family takes a trip to Antarctica to find her. I will just say it is one you have to read for yourself.

The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo...by Amy Schumer


I laughed out loud of much in this book and thought many times really AMY?!?! I enjoyed the movie TrainWreck when it came out and enjoy Amy as a comedian. There were many sexual references in the story (prepare yourself). I enjoyed learning about Amy's family and her influences along the way in her life. It is a good quick read.


What I'm Watching....

The Real Housewives of Orange Country...OMG the episode this week.



So sweet...I had goosebumps watching as Shannon and David renewed their vows!
Kelly is crazy!!
Heather can you move into your house already?
Tamara damn you look good!
Megan...so excited for you to have a little one.

Last Chance U....this is a Netflix documentary about kids playing football who have faced hard times and learned because of it. It is just 6 episodes but sooo good.

 
What are you reading and watching lately?! Would love any suggestions! Have a great HUMP DAY!!!

You May Also Like

0 comments