Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

by - Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

 
 
It is hard to believe that it is already Thanksgiving. This year has simply flown by and I am thankful today to spend time with family and friends.
I have so very much to be thankful for this year. I am thankful for my husband, my parents and inlaws, my grandparents and extended family who I will get to spend the day with today. I am also thankful for my job and the family that trust me to watch their little girl daily. I am thankful for my Sleek Physique family and the people I get to teach Pound to. I am thankful for a warm home and roof over my head, a wonderful meal with those I love today, and my health.

Most of all I am thankful for my Savior who died on the cross for my sins and the sins of others. As, we approach this holiday season I hope that you will truly remember the reason for the season.

What is on your Thanksgiving menu for today?

Mine includes a yummy warm corn dip for a appetizer. I am in charge of appetizers this year and this is for sure an easy quick appetizer and favorite.

Recipe
1 can cream corn
1 can corn not drained
1 jiffy corn muffin box
1 stick of butter
1 8 oz sour cream
2 eggs

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes

For lunch we will be having turkey and ham. My mom got up early and the turkey is already cooking in the oven.

 
We also will have ham as our meat for today. Veggie wise we have sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and squash. We always have a relish tray with okra and olives and of course cranberry sauce. My family loves the cranberry sauce out of a can. :-)
 
 
My aunt is in charge of desserts and she will be sure not to disappoint. We have 4 pies this year....pumpkin, pecan, apple and a cheesecake. She will also make her homemade whip cream which I love on top of my pie and also with my afternoon coffee.
 
It's time to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade!! Enjoy time with your family and loved ones today!
 
 
 


You May Also Like

0 comments