Laundry Tips and Tricks

by - Thursday, January 18, 2018


I love this!!! I never truly learned how to IRON and strongly dislike folding laundry (tshirts ahhh). However, our family business is laundry mats so I wanted to share a couple good tips and tricks!!!



People ask me all the time, why did my clothes shrink?!?! Number 1 if you wash your clothes in HOT water they will probably shrink!!! I tell everyone to wash everything in COLD water, expect towels and sheets which you should wash on HOT. The water temperature in the washer is what shrinks your clothes. Always make sure you read labels!!! A dryer temperature does not shrink clothes...I repeat it is not the DRYER!!!


The best way to save TIME when needing to do multiple loads of laundry is to make sure you SORT everything first. I like to sort my
1) TOWELS this sometimes can be more than one load if you have light and dark towels
2) Lights (greys, beiges, khaki pants)
3) Darks (reds, purples, blues, greens)
4) Sheets
5) Delicates (I suggest using laundry bags for lingerie, bras, etc.)
6) Active Wear (let's be honest it stinks) I am saving some tips for washing active wear for another blog post


If going to a laundry mat it is best to buy soap in advance. At our local TX locations we provide detergent however it is 1 dollar per box. This can get expensive if you have multiple loads and we may not have the brand you prefer. Come prepared, you are most likely going to spend 2-3 hours doing laundry on a weekday/weekend so you want to make sure you have everything you need. 


If possible try to use a front loading washer over a top loader!! Front loader use a ton less WATER!!! A lot of people complain about the smells in front loading washers and mold and mildew. Stay tuned to learn some tips and tricks on this also!!

You May Also Like

3 comments