How We Wednesday

by - Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Today, I am joining a fun link up with Shay of Mix and Match Mama and Erika of A Little Bit of Everything for How We Wednesday.



WOW 2018...I still find myself writing 2017 and changing the 7 into an 8 which looks strange!!!

Today's link up topic is how we do goals/resolutions/etc.

 
For the past couple of years I have tried to come up with a word to represent each year. Last year it was balance. I wanted to be able to find a balance between family/work and with starting a new job this was very important. I also wanted to find a balance between traveling to Shreveport and being in TX. My new job is in TX but my husband still lives in LA so finding a balance of when we are together truly managing our time wisely and enjoying each other to the fullest.

This year my word is PRESENT. I want to be more PRESENT, instead of talking I need to listen. I need to be there for family and friends. I need to show up and put my best foot forward.

One of the most important things I have learned in working with my dad is that most things are MINOR in the big scheme of things. Yes, you may have a to-do list a pile long but set out and conquer it. Rome wasn't built in a day and somethings can wait.

Everyday in my job there is a new PROBLEM it seems. Either someone doesn't show up for work, or there is a flood, clothes lost or a million other minor things. The other day I had to unstop the sewer at one of the locations. This was a task that truly it took longer to set up the equipment to unstop than it did to truly unstop the sewer. The lights are out in part of a sign at another location. Again, this is something minor in the big scheme of life.

I want to be more PRESENT and Intentional in my time with the LORD. I need and desire to memorize scripture this year. I want to truly be listening to the message/sermon delivered at church. Last weeks message was about being the SALT of the earth. We as Christians are called out to be the SALT. I need to be sprinkling my FAITH a little more out in the big world and encouraging others in their walk with FAITH.

This year my main goals/resolutions center around being more PRESENT, craving out daily quiet time, truly eating healthier and making the most of each day.

How to do plan to be more PRESENT this year? What goals/resolutions did you set for yourself?

What do you hope to accomplish this year with your job/family/etc?

You May Also Like

2 comments