10 Random Facts About Me

by - Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Welcome everybody, as you can see Classy Southern Texan has ungone some changes in the last few weeks. I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself and share 10 Random Facts you may or may not know about me.

lilly
 
Hi, my name is Kelli yes spelled with an I. Not an ie, y or ey....My mom is Shelley with ey and my dad is Kenny with just the y. Believe me no one ever spells our names correctly on an invitation. Too much confusion. Why Why Why


1) I am an only child and love all things girly, Lilly Pulitzer, pink and bright!!!


 
2) From the time I was 2 years old I was a dancer until my 8th grade year! I did ballet, tap, jazz and hiphop at a local studio in Killeen, TX.

Yes, I grew up in a military town home to Ft. Hood the largest army base in the free world. However, my family is not military.

In middle school I started cheerleading and my freshmen year of High School I was one of only 3 freshmen to make the Varsity cheer team. To this day I still cannot do a back handspring!!!

 
highschool cheerleader

3) I was 16 years old before I got my ears pierced!!!

stella earrings

 
4) I originally went to Stephen F. Austin in Nacgdoches, TX for my college degree. I am an education major. Stephen F. Austin is the number 2 school in the nation for education degrees. I was so fortunate because there I became a Tri Delta and met lifelong friends.

5) I transferred to Baylor University as a sophomore and meet my husband. My cousin set us up and thought they were actually dating at the time. He asked me out on our first date and we have been together now 12 years.



 
6) I originally taught 3rd grade in Shreveport, LA for three years and then I was a K5-5th grade librarian. I love children's books and so enjoyed the library because I was able to create my own curriculum. I can tell you about all the Dewey Decimal system.

7) I now live back in TX and adore our modern/mid century home!!

mid century modern home

 
 
8) In 2014 I tore my ACL skiing. I underwent two surgeries and have been back skiing since!!
 


 
 
9) In 2015 I had jaw surgery! I have had braces 4 times in my life. I had them in middle/high school and then again as an adult for 2 years!!!
 
10) I now own laundry mats and am having so much fun learning new things daily!!
 
laundry mat
 
 


You May Also Like

0 comments