Friday Favorites

by - Friday, January 26, 2018

Happy FRIYAY! Today I am linking up with Andrea, Narci and Erika for Friday Favorites.

friday favorites


If you haven't visited their blogs you SHOULD! Andrea is a school teacher and has great recipes, and fashion/home ideas. Narci is a photographer in the Dallas area and also a fellow Stella and Dot stylist and Erika share a lot about everything from fashion to football, babies and just life in general.

friyay
 
I can hardly believe that January is almost over but I am so excited about February! January is all about fresh starts, losing weight, and organizing but February is all about football and love. The two things make this girl super happy.

We are back to hosting our annual SUPERBOWL Sunday at our house and I cannot wait. While I love football, I truly don't care about who wins. I enjoy the food, company and commercials of SUPERBOWL Sunday.


Having lived in Louisiana for several years we always celebrated Mardi Gras and have a King Cake at our party. OMG this yummy cinnamon goodness is what keeps people in Louisiana happy among many things. Mardi Gras is huge in Louisiana, there are Mardi Gras balls and parade throughout the whole month. It is truly something everybody should experience.

 
Whoever finds the baby in their slice of King Cake is supposed to bring the King Cake the following year!!

I am also looking forward to our annual skiing trip in Vail, CO. My husband grew up skiing Vail and we have returned every year for the last 6 years. I am now skiing moguls and black runs right along with him. The hubby has been skiing since he was 2 years old off and on. This past year he even invested in his own pair of boots.


 
This picture is from my first year skiing in Vail!! It was so warm that season and I am so sunburned!!!
 
 
 We have stayed several places in Vail, but our favorite is the Tivoli lodge. It is only 5 stories and the local mascot puppy is always there to greet us!



I just love the town and all the wonderful restaurants. I have already begun talk of where to eat for Valentine's Day and throughout our trip. We typically make reservations on Open Table because it is easy and we get a reminder of where we are eating each day. Reservations book up quickly during Valentine's Day and the President's Day weekend.

What are you Valentines' Day plans? Do you prefer an evening at home or to go out?

You May Also Like

1 comments