Whew Monday Finally

by - Monday, September 26, 2016

It was a long weekend....

Friday afternoon after I babysat and worked at the gym I went to set up for my Jr. League project. 5 hours later and lots of sweat and hard work we felt ready for the event the next day. My League project this year was Super Safety Saturday. We partner with our local Sherriff's department and put on a free event for the community.

One of my favorite parts of this event is all the Touch A Truck's. We had 2 helicopters, an ambulance, a diesel truck, an ambulance, police car, book mobile and a few other safety vehicles.

The kids when they arrive get a pit pass and have to go to 4 stations. They learn safety things at these stations and get prizes and such. The swim school teaches the importance of wearing life jackets, our local hospital talks about proper care of babies and what to do in an emergency. The kids who choose to sit in the police car get to put on the siren and they all love this.

They also do car seat checks for the parents and the kids can bring their bicycles and ride around a little path and learn about bicycle safety.




 
Sunday morning I was on the way to the grocery store and got in a pretty bad wreck. :-(
I was hit at about 40 mph...the other driver ran a red light.
I am in some back and neck pain but very thankful for a good vehicle and that I was able to walk away.


You May Also Like

0 comments