BON VOYAGE

by - Sunday, October 16, 2016

For the last 2 days I have simply been on the trip of a lifetime and it is just beginning. Tuesday (the 11th) my hubby and I celebrated 8 years of wedded bliss (lol). Let's be real and honest it hasn't all been bliss but we love each other and support each other. :-)

 
This past year we were on a cruise in December for New Year's....in March we cruised with my family...in June we went to Alaska for a cruise and now in October we are cruising again. I also turned 30 this year.

We are beginning this cruise by spending a couple of days before hand (we leave today Sunday) in New York. My husband Greg has never been.

The last 2 days we have walked about 50,000 steps. NEW YORK is pretty big.

Saturday we arrived...ate a quick lunch at the Roast Kitchen and started exploring.



The best part of this day (Friday) was the Empire State Building. We went to the 80th, 86th and 102nd floor. I had been previously to the Empire State Building in 2003 when I came on a high school trip but I can say I truly appreciated it more this time. We learned that from the 80th to the 86th floor you can actually take the stairs.

 
 

 
 
 

 
For dinner the first evening we ate at Carmine's a local Italian place where everything is served family style. The couple next to us ordered a dessert and it was literally a whole pie.
 
 

 
 
The second day we decided to sleep in a little. We then ate lunch at Angelo's Pizza which is right under the Ed Sullivan show and where now Stephen Colbert has his show (one of my husband's favorites). We shopped around NYC and went to MACY'S...wow that was a long walk. For dinner we ate at an amazing French restaurant right by our hotel. We then say WICKED on Broadway which was simply AMAZING!
 






 
 
We have had a wonderful time in NYC...but now it is time to board our 6 day cruise. Time to RELAX. Bon Voyage




You May Also Like

0 comments