Workout Wednesday...BBG

by - Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Welcome to a new series I am doing called WORKOUT Wednesdays...I have for the last 10 or so years tried a variety of workouts and just wanted to offer some tips and tricks!!

via: Pinterest
 via: Pinterest

I plan to talk about several topics and would love any ideas from you ladies as my followers.

Breakfast ideas
Lunch ideas
Dinner ideas
Meal Prepping
Favorite Workout Gear
Favorite Shoes
Programs I have done

I recently started BBG after reading and hearing about it from various bloggers, friends and just seeing it online.

I plan to take you through my BBG fitness journey for the next several weeks. I wanted to start this program because in May I am taking a cruise with my inlaws, brother in law and husband. I want to feel my best and also will soon be celebrating my 10 year anniversary!

What is BBG?

BBG stands for Bikini Body Guide and is a 12 week program created by Kayla Itsines. I personally bought it through the app on my phone.

The APP

The app is called SWEAT and let me tell you, there will be plenty of it. I have only done so far 2 LISS workouts (more on that later) and one resistance workout. I was sweating and the workout is only 28-30 minutes long. I truly have never sweated that much in 30 minutes besides running!


The app is 9.99 a month however that is worth it to me. You are getting the exercises shown in detail and they also guide you through them step by step written out. 9.99 is cheaper than a trainer or gym membership. Yes you can go to Planet Fitness (I have a membership) however this is right at my fingertips and requires minimal equipment.

The PROS

I can do the program at home, on my time and the workouts are challenging. With that being said you don't have to complete all the reps and you can modify the workouts. Let me tell you I can't do 45 normal pushups. I do 5-10 and then switch to my knees. Then the next round I do 5-7 and so forth.

I sweat a ton, more than I have at any gym and the program isn't crazy lifting at all. There are some exercises used with weights but you don't have to use them and you can choose to adjust your weight throughout the progam.

There are 3 resistance workouts per week (legs, abs and arms, and full body), LISS (which is low intensity walking/running) 3 days a week and then also HITT.

The resistance workouts are 28 minutes, program into 7 minute long circuits. So you do 5-6 exericses and then repeat them until the 7 minutes is up.

You can pause the app or just take your own time to recover. Between the circuits there is a 30 second rest period. At the end it guides you through a cool down.

Equipment Needed

Free weights, weighted ball, jump robe, exercise mat, and a workout bench or step.

Motivation

Being in shape for my 10 year anniversary!

More to come in the following weeks! I plan to include videos and pictures along the journey. I will discuss what I am eating and how my journey is going! Stay tuned

Shop This Post

Free Weights
Jump Rope
Ball

You May Also Like

2 comments