Ski Trip Packing List...What You Need

by - Monday, March 12, 2018

I am so thankful that the SUN peeked out this weekend! It has been raining like crazy in Central TX so I was ready for some Spring like weather and to see the sun.

Recently, my husband and I went skiing in COLORADO and I know many of you may be off on a skiing adventure for SPRING BREAK! While, I am ready for warmer temperatures, it is also nice to play in the SNOW!!


For the past 8 seasons, my husband and I have skied in COLORADO either during February or on Spring Break when I taught!!

Before leaving for any trip, I always make a list...I am the queen of TO-DO lists and I think it important to write out everything you need. You can refer back to it when packing and then you will also know what you need to purchase.

For actual skiing it is important to have....
A ski jacket
Ski Pants
Boots for after skiing, believe me those ski boots are little torture chambers!!!
Ski socks
Base layers (I typically just wear a tshirt and a NIKE/Calia by Carrie Underwood heavier top.)
Gloves or mittens
Glove liners
Sunscreen
Chap stick
Goggles
Gaitor
Hand Warmers
Feet Warmers
Helmet Women
Helmet Men


My husband and I always rent equipment when we get to the mountain so we don't have to haul boots or skis! It is expensive to fly and now bags are 35 plus to get on the airline!

We like to rent also because they store all the gear for the evening and typically have lockers so you can leave things like beanies, gloves, hand/feet warmers, etc. all in one place.

I bought my ski jacket 8 years ago in Beaver Creek, CO. It is the KJUS brand, I love all the pockets exterior and interior (this is important) and it is super warm. When we spring ski I just typically leave it unzipped and wear a lighter layer underneath.

https://www.kjus.com/us/en/

 

Jackets






Ski Pants 


This year I got new pants...they are also KJUS! In the past I had bright orange pants but this year I made the switch to a slimmer fit and they are black.


Boots

For after skiing I love my SOREL boots. My particular pair isn't available anymore but they are so cute, comfy and warm! They feel like a glove on my foot! I even wear them with pants and dresses when we go to dinner after skiing.

Ski Socks

I personally like the SMARTWOOL socks because they come in a thick or thin version. My husband prefers the thin while I like the thinner version.









Base Layers

On colder days I wear either a NIKE dry fit long sleeve or a Calia by Carrie Underwood base layer with a tshirt on top. On warmer days I prefer just one of the layers either or depending on how warm.







Gloves/Mittens

Swany is my favorite type of mitten/glove!! They are super warm, they have a spot for hand warmers and you can adjust them to your wrist!

Glove Liners

You don't have to get glove liners but they help if you need to take your glove off for a second or are texing!

Sunscreen

I prefer to get the travel size when skiing so I can put it in my ski jacket and carry it throughout the day. I apply first thing in the morning and then again at lunch!


Chap stick

Chap stick on the mountain is expensive, stock up at Amazon or CVS, Wal-Mart, Target etc. before you go. Make sure to carry this also in your jacket and apply while riding the ski lift or after lunch. It is important to apply multiple times a day!


Goggles

I purchased these goggles for this ski season! I loved them because they had two sets of lens. One was great for sunny days and the other pair was perfect when it was snowing!

Gaitor

My personal preference is to ski in a gaitor that goes over my head! My ears and nose tend to stay cold so I prefer this type to one that you can just wear around you neck and pull up.



Hand/Feet Warmers

 





Helmet

We personally bought helmets this ski season! I loved my Smith helmet and it had a spot so I could put my goggles on top of my helmet also.

My husband got a GIRO helmet and he liked his also.

You May Also Like

0 comments