Working It Wednesday's with Erika and Shay

by - Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Today I am linking up with Erika and Shay for Working It Wednesday....today's topic is how to stay SANE during the holidays!!!

I am a TO DO LIST queen...I create a to do list just to cross things off sometimes...lol!!! 

I create daily lists and also list of things that need to get done over time. 

For example today....

Return coat to Mom (she left in my car)
Return table to Zephyr (I used a folding table for my cookie exchange party)
Talk to Grandmother about Christmas plans
Conference call at noon
Order Christmas gift for dad

Then I have lists of tasks that need to get done...
Address Christmas cards
Mail Christmas cards
Get stamps
Wrap Christmas gifts
Write thank you notes 
Pay health insurance 

TO DO list keep me sane...It doesn't matter whether I write them on my phone or on paper I always have one.

During the Christmas season...I write lists constantly...

I have a list of every present I have bought for family and friends 
I write a calendar list of all activities planned for the holiday season

I like to buy Christmas cards early either from Minted or Shutterfly. I have personally have had better success with Shutterfly because they send coupons and have fast shipping. 

I like to create a list of people I am sending Christmas cards in EXCEL. I can access this list year to year and add to it. I typically order between 50 and 75 cards. Mail days in December are my favorite because I love getting SNAIL mail and seeing how my friends families have grown. I also love to send them to friends near and far. 

Shopping...my mom and I always go BLACK FRIDAY shopping!!! We go later in the day and just enjoy getting in the Christmas spirit. We pop over to the DOMAIN in Austin and just make a day of it. After eating all the turkey and dressing we love to have MEXICAN for lunch. This is a fun tradition I look forward to each year.

What is on your do list this year before the BIG GUY arrives?!!

Tomorrow I am going to an annual event Festival of Trees, I plan to take an evening to look at Christmas lights, we have Christmas with my grandparents, parents and inlaws coming up.

The most important thing to me though is to take time to relax and enjoy and remember the real reason for the season. Jesus Christ our Savior 

You May Also Like

0 comments