Workin' It Wednesday

by - Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Today I am linking up with Shay from Mix and Match Mama and Erika from The Slaughers for Workin' It Wednesday...today's topic is working on your marriage.




1) I believe the number 1 most important thing that my husband and I do on a weekly basis is date night....We have Friday night date nights at a restaurant and are able to enjoy ourselves and just talk about any and everything going on in life. It is an evening where we most dress up and look nice for each other. I believe it is important in a relationship to remember how you felt when you went on your very first date. What gave you butterflies? What made you want to see the person again?

P.S. the very first time we meet was in a Mall in Waco, TX....We had been talking on instant messenger (the good ole' days of AOL instant messenger) and I was coming into town that weekend to visit Baylor and meet him in person for the first time.


2) TIME....My husband and I crave out time for each other daily. We have dinner together typically 5-6 nights a week. If we aren't having dinner together it is because I am having a GNO, he is with the guys or there is a work commitment. My parents made sure no matter what growing up as a kid we always had dinner together at the kitchen table. There was no eating on the couch, or grabbing something out of the fridge, or fast food. Dinner time was our time (family time) and important. I am thankful that my husband grew up very much the same way and that we do enjoy cooking together and sitting down to eat. Sometimes it is fast and rushed because he has a work commitment but he does crave out time for me.


3) Communication...my husband and I have been married for 8 years. I will be 100 percent honest the first 5 were tough. We didn't communicate well. We are both LEOS...ahhh....and both can be very selfish and believe we are RIGHT.

It is important to Communicate about everything from laundry to the trash and the big things like bills, car notes, etc.

Communication can make or break you!!!

You May Also Like

0 comments