Happy Monday...Happy 2017

by - Monday, January 02, 2017

The first Monday of a new year....this week is going to be a bit crazy for me but I am ready to hit the ground running and start off the new year.


This is going to be my year to shine bright and SPARKLE. I ate my small bowl of black-eyed peas for good luck last night so I am sure it is going to be a much better year for me. :-) Do you have any New Year's traditions?

I wanted to do a little weekend recap of how 2016 ended...

In 8 years of marriage my husband and I have always been gone on a New Year's cruise with my in laws so we were at a loss as for what to do this year.


We went to a local restaurant and decided we would just sit in the bar area and enjoy dinner. Well that plan failed...they weren't serving any food even bread in the bar area because they had over 400 person with reservations for the evening.

On to PLAN B....we went to a local pasta restaurant called Giuseppe's Pastacaffee that opened in November. We have been once before and let me just say the tortellini and the tiramisu are amazing. I am not usually a big tiramisu fan but their's is very light. We also had some yummy garlic bread. 


The pasta place only serves beer and wine and closes at 9 P.M. so we went back to the Steakhouse for another round of drinks and just to enjoy each other's company.

We had champagne chilling in our fridge so about 11 we left the Steakhouse came home and watched Dick Clark's special on TV. We popped the cork, drank champagne, kissed at midnight and called it an evening. 

You May Also Like

0 comments