What's Up Wednesday

by - Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Today I am linking up with Mel, Sheaffer and Shay for What's Up Wednesday!!

Each month on a Wednesday I link up and answer these questions....so here it goes. :-)

What We're Eating This Week....

I have been enjoying some chili that my trainer suggested. It has lots of yummy ingredients and I am loving it especially since the weather has been cooler.

Here is the recipe...

3-BEAN TURKEY CHILI RECIPE

Ingredients
Directions
  1. In a large pot add onions and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder and cook until no longer pink (drain using a plate, if desired).
  2. Next add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, xylitol and spices (except cilantro) and stir until combined.
  3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
  4. Finally, add cilantro. Serve hot.
  5. You may sprinkle veggie shreds or a light cheese on top.
What I'm Reminiscing About...
There have been lots of exciting and fun things happen in 2016...I wanted to just share a few of my favorites.

In January we were on a cruise for New Years' and went zip lining...it was so much fun. It wasn't your normal zip line...there was water and repelling down a waterfall involved. Along with a boat, donkey and crazy tour guide.
 
In June, we went to Alaska and went hiking on a glacier and dog sledding.
In October, we went to the Caribbean to celebrate some business decisions being made. 
 
I am looking forward to the holidays and just relaxing and enjoying time with my parents and grandparents. 
What I'm Loving...
Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel! I love these cute little movies. They just make me smile and are so sweet. I have been trying to watch at least one everyday. I am also loving my chocolate from my advent calendar. :-)
What We've Been Up To...
 
This month we have been having Christmas parties with friends and co-workers. I have been busy baking chocolate chip cookies, reindeer food and holiday crack candy.

What I'm Dreading
Driving...5 hours 
I am very ready to see my parents and grandparents but I so do not enjoy the drive. I know I am blessed to be able to spend the holiday with my loved ones though. 

What I'm Working On...
Learning new routines for my POUND workout and setting 2017 resolutions and goals. 

What I'm Excited About...

Spending the holiday with my family. Christmas Eve we will enjoy dinner with my aunt, grandparents and parents at my Aunt's house. After dinner and present we will go to church and celebrate the birth of Christ. I enjoy the very end of Christmas Eve service because we all sing O Holy Night and light candles. It lights up the whole church and we carry Christ light out as we go home.

Every year my grandmother gives me PJs for Christmas and this is a tradition I look forward to...everybody loves a new pair of warm PJS.

What I'm Watching/Reading...

I have been watching Hallmark Christmas movies pretty much non-stop. What are you favorite Christmas movies. I would have to say mine are Elf and A Christmas Story.




I have been reading
A Man Named Ove
A GRE prep book
The Magic Art of Tidying Up

What I've Been Listening Too...

Pound music and Christmas music on repeat!!! What is your favorite Christmas song?

What I'm Wearing...

Layers, layers and more layers...it has been super cold here so I have been layering. My North Face jacket has been wonderful this season.

What I'm Doing This Weekend...

Celebrating the birth of our Savior! I am looking forward to spending time with family and eating some yummy food too. :-)

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...

A New Year!!! I am looking forward to finalizing plans for our trip to Sweden and enjoying a brand New Year.

What Else is New... 

??? Not much....I am just looking forward to relaxing and soaking up the end of 2016.



 

You May Also Like

0 comments