Travel Talk Thursday

by - Thursday, July 28, 2016

Travel Talk Thursday is here....once a month I  plan to talk about a trip I have taken either with my family or husband. It can be a staycation, a cruise, a road trip or something aboard.

Today...I am talking about Alaska.

In June, we went to Alaska on a cruise. My in-laws, brother-in-law and husband had all gone to Alaska 19 years earlier for my father-in-law's Dad's retirement.

This to me was a once in a lifetime experience, so the husband and I decided to do shore excursions in both ports of Juneau and Skagway.

In Juneau, we went on a extreme glacier hike with just 5 people (2 of them being us, and one the guide). We took a helicopter to the Mendenhall glacier and hiked. We even got to hike up part of the glacier and repel down. It was truly a breathtaking experience.





 
In Skagway, we went on a dog sledding adventure. I suggest doing an excursion in this port if you ever go because it is a one-horse town. Literally one street with shops and restaurants.








 
After two days of ports...we were at sea. We went to the inside passage and got to see another glacier, from our boat up close and personal. We saw lots of seals and sea lions also on this particular day.
 





On last stop on our trip was in Victoria, Canada. On this particular morning, I got up and went for a run and then we went out exploring. Canada is truly beautiful and I want to go back soon to see more of it.
 


 

 What has been your favorite trip you have ever taken? Have you been to Alaska or Canada?

You May Also Like

0 comments