Let's Talk.....Chit Chat

by - Monday, July 25, 2016

Happy MONDAY!!! I love everything about school.....the smell, the fresh markers, crayons, pencils, etc.

For 7 years I was an elementary school teacher. I taught 3rd grade for 3 years and then worked in the library with K5-5th for 4 years. I love everything about the start of a new school year.

I remember taking first day of school pictures every year and it is such a fun memory to look back on.

I am going to talk from a teacher perspective...since I don't have children yet.  What does a teacher need/want. I love Ticonderoga pencils...they come pre-sharpened, don't mess up a pencil sharpener and don't break easily.

I recently just ordered my first Erin Condren planner and know this would have kept me organized as a teacher. I can't wait to get my planner and start filling it in. Most teachers have planners so it would be cute to get them some stickers or accessories. These are a few I love.

 
 
 

Everyone has to have the perfect first day of school uniform. I used to teach in a private school but you can personalize your outfit with a fun hair bow (matching school colors of course, or a cute back to school one). I love a monogram...I say if it isn't moving stick a monogram on it.

Everyone needs a new backpack...I used to always have a new Jansport every year...however I found that they don't hold up very well. My husband has a North Face backpack for work and I love everything about it.

My favorite places to shop for a new back to school outfit are Banana Republic, Anthropologie , Lilly Pulitzer and boutiques. You have to feel great on your first day of school!

Hope you and your children have a great first day of school! #backtoschool

You May Also Like

3 comments