Alaskan Cuise 2018: Days 1-2

by - Monday, May 28, 2018






WHEW!! I am back on TEXAS soil! It's true what they say you can take the girl out of TX, but you can't take the TX out of the girl. I am truly a Southern girl when it comes to warm weather and southern hospitality.

I just spent 2 wonderful days and 7 days aboard the Princess Emerald cruise ship in Alaska with my inlaws, brother in law and hubby.

It truly was a fun trip as we visited 4 ports, went on a helicopter ride, explored the Tracy Arm fjords and walked on a glacier

We left Dallas, TX last Saturday AM and flew to Seattle, Washington. Once in Seattle the hubby and I decided to walk around and explore. Two years ago we went to the Space Needle and enjoyed dinner. This time around I researched a little more and we truly explored more of the boardwalk and what Seattle does have to offer. All of this was in walking distance from our hotel.

Seattle is very well known for Pike's Place Market....to my surprise this is a multi level building full of various shops with everything from grocery store necessities, fresh fruits and veggies, to flowers, and local crafts. We explored two main levels of the market and saw what they are best known for the fish and beautiful flowers!!!




After exploring the market, we took the short walk to the bubble gum wall. I literally thought this was one single wall with gum. However, it is kind of in an alley and there is lots and lots of gum. There were even words spelled out including, TEXAS.


On our last trip to Seattle, I ran along the boardwalk and it was just so pleasant. The views of the water, sculptures and skyline were just breathtaking and I could run all the way from our hotel to the pier where our cruise ship left about 5-6 miles. My husband and I decided to walk along and we walked through sculpture park. Some many interesting pieces of art work.



You May Also Like

0 comments