Best Books of 2017

by - Thursday, January 04, 2018

2017 Top 5 books...I wanted to take a minute and highlight the top 5 books I read in 2017!!! I am one of those readers who reads on vacation or will read 3-4 books a month for 2-3 months and then not read at all.

I previously was an elementary school librarian and I loved young adult novels. I loved The Hunger Games, anything by Rick Riordan, I loved the series by John Grishman for young adults. However, now I find myself reading more chick lit novels or thrillers.

Some of my most recent favorite author finds are Elin Hilderbrand and Ruth Ware.

I am the girl who either has a to read list going or has piles of books on her night stand to read. I love the feel of a fresh paperback/hardback novel in my hand but also enjoy my iPad for vacations.

My top 5 books of 2017....

It Ends With Us....
This is a story of a relationship where you realize sometimes the people who love you the most will be the ones to hurt you the most. The main character Lily has suffered through pain and loss most of her life. She falls in love with someone and ends up pregnant. She discovers this person has a secret past and he ends up hurting her. In the mean time she rekindles a relationship with a past friend/lover. They cross paths again as adults and Lilly has to determine will she stay in a relationship where she is hurt or will she end the cycle. Does she stay with the person who abuses her or fall in love with someone else from her past.

 
2) One True Loves...
The main character Emma marries her high school sweetheart, they travel the world together and create a life separate from her home and everything she once knew. On their first anniversary her husband goes missing over the Pacific Ocean. After some time she moves on and finds herself in love again. She finds someone in her own hometown and he helps her rebuild her life and move forward. However, shortly after she gets engaged she discovers her missing husband is alive. Will she stay engaged and move forward or fall back in love with her first true love?
 
3) Behind Closed Doors
Ok this one is the thriller!!!
Grace and Jack seem like the perfect couple, he is handsome and wealthy. However, what is truly happening behind closed doors? Why can't she go anywhere without him? Why does everything have to be some elaborate?
 
4) Nobody's Cuter Than You
My sweet friend introduced me to this author and her books. This is a true book about friendship. From college ballgames to grown up life and everything in between. This book talks about what it means to be a good friend through and through. Those friends you can call at 1 AM to listen, those you would drive hours to see, those you talk to anytime and all the time. This is a book every one needs to give their best friend. I am also enjoying reading Church of the Small Things by the same author.

5) Winter Solstice
This is the fourth and final book in a series. I love Elin Hilderbrand books. They are mainly set on Nantucket island and just such cute little fun beach reads. This series obviously takes place around the holidays and we have learned a lot about this sweet little family. They have been through it all marriages and divorces, babies, jail time, etc. The family is all truly together this Christmas. One of the sibling's has been missing and is finally reunited with family. The main character Kelly is fighting a battle with cancer, they may possibly sell the Inn where they have always celebrated family gatherings and Christmas. Kelly's ex is retiring, one the daughters is falling in love in New York and they are all trying to be happy while their father battles cancer and passes away. I loved the way Elin wrapped up the series. I look forward to reading her next series in 2018.

Disclaimer...some of these reviews are modified and adjusted from Amazon and GoodReads synoposis

 


You May Also Like

0 comments