Cinco De Mayo...Outfits, Food and Drinks

by - Thursday, May 03, 2018


OLE OLE...Happy Thursday to my fellow blogging friends and those following along on this journey with me. I can't believe this weekend is Cinco De Mayo! To me Cinco De Mayo is really the first holiday to kick off the summer festivities of warmer weather, days by the pool and shorts and flip-flops everyday. I wanted to share a fun top with you my favorite Mexican dish and our course a yummy recipe for margaritas!

How are you spending Cinco De Mayo? I will be doing a Stella and Dot party and wanting on election day results. My dad is running for City Council in my hometown. It is sure to be a great day with of course my favorite meal.


 source: Savannah Leigh photography

 source: Savannah Leigh photography

My top is from a local small business in Shreveport, LA Village Washstand. I love supporting small business. This particular shop is filled with everything from bedding and linens to clothing for men and women. They carry a wide variety of some of my favorite brands and just recently restocked this top. They can be found on Instagram @villagewashstand

My jeans are Hudson and I find they run very true to size! I have had them about 2 years and wear them a ton during the summer. They are the Colin fit. This particular pair is no longer made however, I love all Hudson jeans!

My flip-flops are the beloved Tory Burch Miller sandals in a nude color. They can be found a variety of places such as the Tory Website, Nordstrom and Neimans to name a few.




Another fun outfit for Cinco is this fun top from EverEve! I recently discovered this boutique in Austin, TX and am loving it. You can shop their products online.

Top: EverEve
Jeans: AG sold at Nordstrom and Neimans
Flip-Flops- Jack Rodgers

EATS

Now that we have your dressed and looking cute for CINCO DE MAYO we need to talk food and drinks!

My favorite go to appetizer is a chicken enchilada dip. It is a quick and easy appetizer and always a crowd pleaser. There is little prep time and you can have it ready to serve in 30 mins.

RECIPE


1 can chicken (drained)
1 small can chopped green chilis
1 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 cup mayonnaise
chopped jalapenos (to taste)

Mix above ingredients with a hand mixer and spread evenly in a shallow dish. I like to use a pie plate personally.

Top with shredded cheese

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

Quick, easy and super YUMMY! 

If I am having a FIESTA party I want guacamole, salsa and chips!!! I literally eat Mexican multiple times a month and if you don't love Mexican then who are you?!?!

FUN

When having a party it is fun to have games, etc. for adults and kiddos alike to play! I have shown some fun party ideas below and links to shop!



You May Also Like

0 comments