Workout Wednesday...BBG Recap and Breakfast Ideas

by - Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Welcome to this week's edition of Workout Wednesday...I have officially completed Week 1 of BBG and am happy with my results this far!

When I started BBG I weighted 123 and now I am at 121. I didn't get there just by doing the workouts however, I also changed some of my eating habits.

I am loving the workouts so far and below is a recap of the workouts I completed this week. I also workout with a trainer twice a week and we did resistance style workouts.

BBG Week 1 Recap
Sunday- LISS
Monday- trainer and LISS
Tuesday- resistance legs
Wednesday- rest day
Thursday- trainer and LISS
Friday- resistance abs and arms
Saturday- resistance arms

What is LISS?

When you open the SWEAT app you can choose between cardio, resistance of recovery. Under CARDIO there are LISS AND HIIT workouts. 

LISS stands for "Low Intensity Steady State." HIIT is "High Intensity Interval Training."

For LISS I have been doing 35 minutes of walking either in my neighborhood or at a local park with a trail.  

RESISTANCE 

For resistance workouts you can choose between legs, abs and arms, or full body.

Legs...you better below your legs are going to be on fire from the amount of squats you will be doing.

When doing a resistance workout you are given 7 minutes to complete 4 different exercises. You go through laps if you finish the 4 sets before 7 minutes are up you start the circuit again. After you have completed the 7 minute circuit you get to rest for 30 seconds. Then a second circuit begins.

The second circuit is 4 new exercises you have 7 minutes to complete. For me I have been able to make it through both circuits 2 cycles. 

After completing the 8 exercises or two circuits you rest and then start circuit one over again.

Some examples of leg exercises are jump squats, knee ups and x jumps.











The same goes for abs and arms and full body you have 2 circuits that you complete within a 7 minute time frame. All in all the workout is about 35 minutes with the 30 second breathers and the cool down.

The exercises are shown to you through pictures or you can read a description of the particular move.

In abs and arms and full body there are lots of pushups, sit ups, ab bicycles and even some cardio work when you do knee ups.

I am happy with the workouts and ready to start Week 2. I have 8 weeks until vacation so I will complete 9 full weeks before I leave on vacation of BBG. It is a 12 week program if you do it start to finish.

I also wanted to highlight some of the breakfast things I have been eating this week. All take less than 5 minutes and have kept me fueled until lunch time. I typically eat breakfast any time between 7 and 830.

Egg muffin with turkey bacon




Oatmeal with honey, cinnamon and a banana 

I prefer milk instead of water in my oatmeal.




You May Also Like

2 comments